Saturday, August 3, 2013

Greetings to the Blog-O-Sphere

after a good chunk of deliberation, I've decided to jump into the blogging scene. The goal of this blog is to be a repository of the things that I do, what I think about and anything I find interesting. Hopefully, a few of you out there will find this stuff interesting as well.

I'm going to start by consolidating the highlights of some of the things I've done over the past few years, such as talks, games and tutorials. After that, it's a bit of what strikes me.

As a game designer, I spend a lot of my personal time thinking about games and the ways that they communicate, so I expect a good chunk of that in my blog. I'm not interested in writing "reviews" in the traditional sense, but I do like to talk about games and what they accomplish via their mechanics and structure.

I try to keep myself generally literate, so the things I talk about won't always be confined to games. Like any good creative medium, a discussion of games benefits from a broader context. Movies, books, history and politics are all relevant in one way or another, so expect a little bit of that interspersed.

If you find these topics interesting, I'd love to hear your opinions. Post some comments and we might have a discussion about it. I look forward to giving this whole "blogging" thing a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment